This page contains key information regarding how the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA, the Agency) handles your personal information.
About this policy
This policy outlines how the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) handles your personal information. The personal information collected includes:
- organisations who have an obligation under the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Act) to provide data, and
- employees, prospective employees and those contracted to the WGEA, including suppliers and those tendering to supply goods and services,
- other stakeholders, including industry associations, not-for-profit organisations, partners, newsletter subscribers and media contacts.
This policy is intended to provide an overview of how we handle your personal information in compliance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and in particular the provisions of the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained within that Act. ‘Personal information’ means information (or an opinion) in any form, whether true or not, about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. The APPs regulate how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information and how you access and correct the personal information that we hold about you. The APPs only apply to information about individuals, not information about corporate entities. This policy will be updated when our information handling practices change and updates will be publicised on WGEA’s website.
Active collection of personal information
This policy outlines how the Agency handles your personal information. WGEA only collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for a lawful purpose that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of its functions under the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Act) in pursuance of the objects of the Act.
The Agency uses personal information for the purpose(s) for which it was given (unless otherwise required by or authorised by law). WGEA may also use personal information as consented by the individual or for related purposes where the individual would reasonably expect WGEA to use or disclose the information.
How to contact us
If you wish to
- query how your personal information is collected, held, used or disclosed by us
- request access to or seek correction of your personal information
- make a privacy complaint please contact us via one of the methods below.
The Privacy Officer
GPO Box 4917
Sydney NSW 2001
(02) 9432 7000 or 1800 730 233
National Relay Service (NRS)
- TTY users can phone 133 677 then ask for 02 9432 7000 or 1800 730 233
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 02 9432 7000 or 1800 730 233
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then enter 02 9432 7000 or 1800 730 233