Having trouble accessing the portal with your AUSkey? Recent changes in Java and browser compatibility may be the cause. Click here for more details.
The process of achieving and maintaining gender equality is often described as a 'journey'. Each year, to help employers navigate that journey, the Agency provides compliant reporting organisations with confidential and customised Competitor Analysis Benchmark Reports.
These reports highlight a reporting organisation's gender equality performance relative to other reporting organisations, helping employers to identify areas for improvement and track their progress over time. Through a deeper understanding of their own performance, and relative performance in particular, employers will be able to set more realistic and achievable goals to improve gender equality.
The reports allow organisations to compare their performance against a variety of comparison groups: Australian industry overall (all reporting organisations), organisations within the same industry, and organisations of the same size; as well as a combination of these.
Competitor Analysis Benchmark Reports for the 2015-16 reporting period are now available for download from the online portal.
Accessing the Competitior Analysis Benchmark Reports
Competitor Analysis Benchmark Reports are available for download from the reporting portal. To maintain the confidentiality of the reports, users are required to log in to the portal using an AUSkey. Contacts responsible for submitting the 2015-16 compliance report should already have an AUSkey. If you no longer have an AUSkey, you will need to obtain one before logging in. (For more information on AUSkey, visit the report section of the website.)
To access your reports click ‘Login’ on the top right hand corner of the webpage. This will take you to the portal login screen. Once at the portal login screen click on ‘Login with AUSkey’. Once you have logged in with your personal AUSkey, click on the ‘Benchmarks’ tab located in the main navigation on the portal.
On this page you will see the overview of the various reports available to your organisation, broken down in to sections: all organisations; industry; organisation size; and industry and organisation size.
Download any report and save the PDF document to your computer.
A range of additional resources are available to help employers get the most use from the Competitor Analysis Benchmark Reports:
- Competitor Analysis Benchmark Reports Insights Guide - describes how to interpret the data in the reports, outlines key insights and suggests actions to improve performance
- Competitor Analysis Benchmark Reports Technical User Manual - outlines how the Agency calculates and benchmarks performance using the data provided from reporting organisations
- Competitor Analysis Benchmark Report Communication Guide - a detailed guide to communicating your report to senior leadership teams.
- Competitor Analysis Benchmark Report sample - a sample of the 2016 reports.
You may also find the following resources useful:
- Gender strategy toolkit - use this toolkit, along with your organisation's Competitior Analysis Benchmark Reports, to develop a strategic action plan to improve gender equality.
- WGEA data explorer - this publicly available data visualisation allows you to explore gender equality performance across the workforce.
- WGEA public reports - the publicly accessible reports contain the data submitted by each reporting organisation to the Agency, with the exception of confidential information such as remuneration data.